covid-19 OUTBREAK: Practice REOPENINg
Monday 1 June, 2020
We are in the process of contacting patients whose appointments were cancelled during the COVID-19 shutdown. Please be patient, as we will be reaching out shortly, but do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or want to reschedule your appointment sooner.
Wednesday 6 May, 2020
We hope and trust that you are all well and safe and would like to thank you for being understanding and patient with us over the last month since our shutdown due to COVID-19.
As you are all aware, AHPPC has eased the treatment restrictions from Level 3 to Level 2 on 21st April 2020. Accordingly, some of our doctors at Sydney Endodontists will recommence clinical practice on Wednesday 6th May 2020 at our Park Street (CBD) and Miranda practices. Our Bondi Junction practice will remain closed for the time being.
The plan is to ease back to work relatively slowly/cautiously and we will be undertaking the appropriate level of precautions to provide a safe working environment for our patients, staff and practitioners.
The endodontists that will be commencing work initially are: Dr Marcus Yan, Dr Donna Richards, Dr Peter Case, Dr Liz Lou and Dr Hari Ramineni. We envisage that Dr Alan Nerwich, Dr Barry Sandler and Dr Robyn Thomas will also be returning to work in the not too distant future.
Priority will be given to patients experiencing dental pain and/or any other urgent treatment where delay may lead to tooth loss. Patients of the endodontists returning to work, who previously had their appointment/s cancelled in late March and April, will be contacted to reschedule their appointments. Our receptionists will also be back at work from Wednesday 6th May and will be able to assist you and your patients. In the interim, all of our endodontists can be reached via our normal telephone number.
Once again, we thank you for your understanding and we look forward to resuming our usual high levels of quality care for your patients.
Wednesday 25 March, 2020
After much deliberation, we are regretful to announce the temporary closure of Sydney Endodontists from EOB Friday 27th March, 2020.
This decision has come after taking advice from the recent ADA NSW update and guidelines, stating that the risk of community transmission of COVID-19 has increased with the recent spike in confirmed COVID-19 cases in New South Wales. The health and wellbeing of our staff, doctors and patients are our priority and we believe we have an important role to play in the prevention of the COVID-19 spread.
All treatments over this period will be postponed and we will continue to contact all our patients.
While Sydney Endodontists is closed, we are unable to take new referrals. We recommend that patients contact their regular dentist. If you have trouble getting in touch with your dentist, you can access the Australian Dental Association website here and use their Find a Dentist directory that shows a comprehensive list of dentists by location.
Should referring dentists or existing patients need to speak with an Endodontist during the closure period, please call 1300 558 495.
We have no doubt that you understand the gravity of this decision, which was not made lightly. However, at a time like this, what is most important is our community’s health and keeping loved ones safe. We hope to get through this and are focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel. We look forward to being able to provide endodontic care to all our patients as soon as it is safe to do so.
We appreciate your understanding in this difficult time.
covid-19 OUTBREAK: Update
Friday 20 March, 2020
The health and safety of our patients and staff is always a priority at our practice. Here is a list of some of the new and regular processes we follow to ensure a healthy and safe environment during the virus outbreak:
- Patient and staff are being screened. If they:
- have travelled overseas in the last 14 days
- have a cough, sneeze or fever
- have been in contact with a person who has a cough, sneeze, fever or known case of COVID19
- have been in contact with a person who is currently being tested for COVID 19
- are currently being tested for COVID19
- They have been asked to delay appointments or not to come to work.
- From the 23rd of March, 2020, all staff and specialists will be allocated and isolated to one of our practice locations (see above for our locations).
- All staff have been instructed to actively monitor their temperature. As part of your appointment, we will take your temperature at reception and make you and your specialist aware of your reading.
- All patients and staff have been instructed to regularly and correctly wash or sanitise their hands. As part of your appointment, we will guide you to our hand sanitisers and ask you to wash your hands before and after your treatment.
- All shared reading materials have been removed from our reception area.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped using hospital grade disinfectants, including dental chairs, door handles, benches, floors and all of its surroundings.
We encourage all our new and existing patients to take the below measures to help us maintain a safe and healthy environment and fight the spread of COVID19:
- If you have travelled overseas in the last 14 days and/or been in contact with someone who has a cough, fever or is being tested for COVID19, please inform our reception team when making or confirming your appointment.
- Use good cough etiquette – cover your cough or sneeze and sanitise your hands afterwards.
- Avoid close contact with others (including touching, kissing, hugging and intimate contact).