WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
In order to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this practice is required to collect personal information from you. This information covers basic details such as your name, address and telephone number but it is also necessary for the specialist to obtain from you details regarding your general health and past medical or surgical events. Without this general health history, the treating specialist is unable to plan your care adequately and may place you at undue medical risk.
Naturally, some of this information is of a personal nature and some of it might be regarded as ‘sensitive’ and not the sort of information that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others.
We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by the Australian Dental Association, we would like to assure you that:
- This information will only be used by the treating specialist in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment without your consent except as provided under the legislation and where we consider you would have a reasonable expectation of us to provide such information.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. This access might be by inspection of your dental records at the time of appointment or by special access or copying of information at other times.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- Our staff are trained to respect the principles at all times.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you and hold in your dental records, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are acting in your interests at all times.